Baked desserts are well known for their unusually high-fat content, and that is understandable as many preparations are in fact designed to be executed with fats, so removing them from the recipe is not going to bring you a good result. However, when it comes to crumbles, things are a bit different. In this case we share the technique we like to use when we want to obtain a deliciously and friable crumble, and we are also going to pair it with two of our favourite fruits.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (360°F).
- Peel, core and finely dice the pineapple. Peel the apple, core it and dice it to the same size of the pineapple.
- Take a bowl large enough to accommodate the ingredients, tip in the fruit, the cinnamon, and stir well to combine.
- Place the oats, the sugar and the water into a second bowl and mix well to create a mixture, which will become to topping of the crumble.
- Transfer the fruit into an oven dish and level it down.
- Place the crumble mixture on top of the fruit and bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven.
Preparation Time: 15m
Cooking Time: 20m
Total Time: 35m
Cooking Temperature: 180°C - 360°F