One of our favourite ways to prepare a good old fashioned rice dish is to take inspiration from Asian cuisine, known for their massive use of rice. The use of popular Asian ingredients, such as ginger, garlic and soy sauce, come together into one of the most amazing dishes we’ve ever tried. If you want to pair this rice dish with its best companion, then look no further than some proper stir-fried vegetables. That is what we like to call a delicious meal!
- Finely slice ginger and the garlic, and chop them finely.
- Slice and dice the pepper, the spring onions and the chilli pepper to the desired dimension.
- Place a pan over a high heat, tip in all the chopped vegetables and the sugar.
- As soon as the vegetables start sizzling, stir them and cook them for roughly 5 minutes. Add in some water if you feel it is needed to prevent the vegetables from catching to the pan.
- Once the ingredients are cooked, add in the soy sauce followed by the cooked rice.
- Stir well to properly combine the ingredients, taste the dish and adjust salt if necessary.
Preparation Time: 10m
Cooking Time: 5m
Total Time: 15m