I can’t express in words how much I love to cook, and to spend hours in the kitchen trying to perfect a recipe that might well turn out to be a disaster after days of attempts is very disappointing. However, fortunately for all of us things go very differently in most cases, and a dish might actually turn out to be perfect after only a couple of attempts, which is pretty much what happened in this case. Call it luck, call it experience…but the important thing is that we now have a new exciting dish to share with you, so enjoy this super-easy Asian inspired noodle dish, and don’t forget to let us know what you think about it once you’ve tried it.
- Cut the spring onions, the corn, the peas and the peppers into strips or into long pieces.
- For the chilli, cut it as you prefer and also use as much of it as you want.
- The courgettes should be cut into slabs and then into strips.
- Cut the broccoli into small pieces,
- Slice the carrots using a peeler to make super thin strips.
- Take a non-stick pan, place it over a high heat and tip in the vegetables, the sugar and a couple of tablespoons of the water from the recipe.
- Cook the ingredients, stirring frequently until they get soft enough to properly blend into a noodle dish (about four or five minutes.)
- On the side, mix the remaining water with the starch, add the mixture into the pan, and stir. The starch will soon thicken and turn the water into a glossy sauce.
- Add in the soy sauce and stir it in to complete the condiment.
- To cook the noodles, simply follow the instruction on the packet, knowing that there is no one type of perfect noodles for this recipe.
- Add the cooked noodles into the pan and thoroughly mix the ingredients to combine them and complete the dish. Remember to taste the dish and adjust the salt if necessary.
- For this recipe we used equal quantities of spring onions, baby corn, snow peas (flat peas), red peppers, zucchini, broccoli and carrots.
- In many countries, corn starch is called corn flour, even if it’s not really flour.
Preparation Time: 5m
Cooking Time: 10m
Total Time: 15m