We have always enjoyed the crunchiness and flavour of those chunky Chinese vegetables coated with delicious and glossy sauce, and we couldn’t stand the fact that we didn’t know how to recreate it at home. For this reason we decided to attempt to make this dish as many times as needed to get it right, and we actually did it! This preparation is so easy to make that you won’t believe it, plus it totally proves the point that good quality cuisine doesn’t have to be complicated.
- Chop all the vegetables into chunks. Cut 3 large slices of ginger and few slices of fresh chili.
- Place a pan over a high heat and add in the water, the soy sauce, a pinch of salt, ginger and the chili, and bring the liquid to a boil.
- As soon as it starts boiling, add in all the vegetables, stir and wait until the liquid comes to the boil once again before covering with the lid.
- Cook the ingredients for 10 minutes with the lid on.
- Once the time has elapsed, remove the lid, add in the starch mixed with water and then stir to obtain the final Chinese inspired vegetable stir fry.
- Remember to remove the slices of ginger before serving and to adjust the salt to taste if you feel it is needed.
- For this recipe we used the following vegetables: 100g/3.5oz white onions, 100g/3.5oz carrots, 40g/1.5oz mangetout beans, 40g/1.5oz baby corn, 40g/1.5oz button mushrooms, 40g/1.5oz red bell peppers, 30g/1oz bamboo shoots, 100g/3.5oz broccoli and 100g/3.5oz cauliflower.