This recipe produces moreish little mouthfuls of heaven. We’re in love with them and we think you’ll fall for them too, like a big bunch of bananas falling from a tree. And as we don’t believe in gimmicky cooking, we’re pleased to tell you that they are exceptionally easy to make too. The ripe bananas provide a natural sweetness, and the oats give a chewy texture to die for. In our version, we use chocolate to complete the flavour party. These sweet bites are quick to make and they travel well, plus you can enjoy several of these guilt-free cuties in one sitting, safe in the knowledge that they are healthy. If you can bring yourself to share them, everyone will love them. But if this happens, be prepared to make many more to satisfy yours and others’ cravings.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (360°F).
- Roughly chop the bananas into a bowl and thoroughly mash them with a fork.
- Add the oats and the cinnamon into the bowl, and mix well to combine the ingredients.
- Add the chocolate buttons and stir one last time to complete the batter. If you’re not a fan of chocolate, simply substitute it with raisins or chopped dates.
- Spoon the batter onto an oven tray, making sure you do so in portions of equal size, so that they’ll cook evenly.
- Bake the banana bites for 20 minutes, remembering to rotate the tray half way through the cooking time.
Preparation Time: 5m
Cooking Time: 20m
Total Time: 25m
Cooking Temperature: 180°C - 360°F