This is another of our cosmetic recipes, so if you came here looking for a chocolatey spread for your breakfast, you are in the wrong place and you might want to have a look at our recipe for Nutella. However, if you actually came here on purpose with the goal of making your own body scrub to improve the quality of your already unique, delicate and soft vegan skin, then you are in the right place.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. You want the pan to be slightly smaller than the bowl you are going use, so that the hot water does not come into contact with the bowl.
- Remove the pan from the stove, place it over a heat-resistant surface and place the empty bowl on top of it.
- Add in the Shea butter, the coconut oil, the almond oil, and start stirring. Keep stirring until all the ingredients are combined into a perfectly clear oil.
- If for some reason you don’t have access to all of the ingredients, have a look at the substitutions and tips section of this page.
- Once the oil has been obtained, add in the dry ingredients, and stir to incorporate them.
- Pour the scrub into a suitable container and let it cool down completely before using it.
- You can use any combination of scrubbing agents to obtain your own personal scrub. The most interesting options are: salt, coffee, activated charcoal, ground nuts and seeds, baking soda, Sugar, desiccated coconut, coarse or fine cornflour and ground oatmeal.
- You can substitute the Shea butter with an equal quantity of coconut oil. However, you should not use Shea butter only for this product, as it yield an excessively greasy scrub.
- The almond oil can be substitute with any other oil you prefer, being cooking or cosmetic ones.
Preparation Time: 10m
Storage Times: Keeps for 2-3 weeks at room temperature and up for 1 month in the fridge.