After releasing the recipe for toasted corn stock, we simply had to share our favourite way to get the creamiest and yummiest cream of corn soup ever. In this recipe we will pair the corn with its number one companion to obtain a balance of flavours that we are sure will impress you and any guests you might have for dinner! If you are one of those people who think that soups are a boring bland food, the only thing I can suggest to you is to try this preparation and discover for yourself that this is definitely not the case.
- Place a pan over a medium heat and add in the garlic, the onion and the squash, and sauté the vegetables for roughly five minutes.
- Once that’s done, add in the corn kernels, the tofu and the stock. Stir well to combine and bring the liquid to the boil. Here is the recipe for our toasted corn stock.
- Once the liquid reaches boiling point, cover the pan with the lid, turn the heat down to the minimum and cook the ingredients for 30 minutes. The liquid should simmer just slightly for the duration of the cooking time.
- Once the time has elapsed, thoroughly blend the ingredients to obtain the soup. To do this you can either use a high-speed blender or a regular stick blender.
- We are not using any salt in this recipe for a simple reason: corn is a sweet-tasting ingredient, so trying to cover its sweet notes with salt will require you to add a lot of it. What we do recommend, is to add it on the surface of the soup before serving it.
- The tofu can be substituted with an equal amount of thinly sliced potatoes, or with non-dairy yogurt.
- Feel free to use any squash or pumpkin you desire for this dish, as they all work pretty well.
- The corn stock can be substituted with an equal amount of vegetable stock or water.
Preparation Time: 10m
Cooking Time: 30m
Total Time: 40m
Storage Times: Keeps for 2 days in the fridge