Quinoa is one of the most amazing grains ever made available to mankind; it’s crunchy, it’s earthy and it’s packed full of flavour. One of the things that people tend to face a struggle with is cooking foods that aren’t part of their culinary tradition. This is totally normal, but what we don’t realise is that there is no need to be an expert to obtain great results when using more exotic foods, we simply need to follow the right recipe that will guide you through the process step by step. Well, we hope that this post will serve exactly that purpose.
- Thoroughly wash the quinoa to remove the bitter-tasting saponins from the outer layer. Drain the Quinoa properly before moving on.
- Place a small pot over high heat, pour in the water and bring it to the boil.
- As soon as the water starts to boil add the Quinoa to the water, give it a good stir with a fork and cover the pot with the lid.
- Lower the heat to the minimum and cook the grains for 15 minutes.
- Once that time is up, turn off the heat and let the Quinoa rest for another three minutes before removing the lid.
- Fluff the quinoa with a fork, transfer it onto a dish and spread it. This will stop the Quinoa from coking any further.
Preparation Time: 10m
Cooking Time: 15m
Total Time: 25m