One of the most basic and easy-to-make preparations in the whole world is vegetable stock. This humble, yet very rewarding, ingredient is capable of turning passable dishes into extraordinary ones. The combined vegetable flavours present in the stock are perfect to boost all of those liquid-based preparations such as soups and broths. And hey, have you ever tried to make bread using stock instead of water? Trust me, you want to give it a try.
- Cut the tomatoes into large pieces.
- Slice all the other vegetables as fine as possible.
- Place the pot over a high heat, tip in all the veggies, pour in the water and stir.
- Bring the water to the boil, lower the heat to the minimum, cover with the lid and cook for 30 minutes.
- Once the time has elapsed, leave the stock to cool completely before straining it to obtain the stock.
Preparation Time: 15m
Cooking Time: 30m
Total Time: 45m