If you think you need to buy expensive jarred roasted peppers for your culinary adventures, think again! We’re about to show you how to make these spectacularly bright delicacies with your own fair hand. Like some of the best recipes, this method yields impressive results but is actually nice and simple to carry out. The resulting roasted peppers are such a stunning bright ruby-red, so why would you not want these on your plate at every meal? They are an unbeatable topping for your favourite pizza and a luxurious side dish for pretty much everything, lending their wonderful roasted flavour to whatever you choose.
- Place a flame distributor over the biggest burner you have.
- Place the pepper over the distributor and leave it there for five minutes.
- Once the time has elapsed, turn the pepper onto the second side and cook it for another five minutes. Keep doing this until all the sides of the peppers are completely charred on the outside.
- Once that’s done, turn off the flame, place the pepper into a bowl and cover it with cling film.
- Leave the pepper in the bowl for 20 minutes before moving on; during this time the skin will perfectly separate from the fruit.
- Once the time is up, remove the charred skin to reveal a perfectly roasted bell pepper. Make sure to remove the seeds as well, so that you are left with fillets ready to be used.
- Do not rinse the peppers under water to remove the charred skin, as this will wash away the roasted flavour.