We all know salads are super healthy, but how do you dress one without adding lots of fat? Well, we think this recipe might fit the bill by providing a tasty coating for any crisp delicious salad you might make. It’s our favourite combination of tastes that we’ve refined over years of hardcore salad-eating. We also provide a raw version if raw eating is your bag, and either way it’ll explode with fresh tastes with every bite. We’ve packed loads of savoury ingredients into it, with a base of avocado. While you wouldn’t want to live off this little green fruit, you don’t need much in this recipe, and the healthy fats in an avocado are the kind that we all need. So give it a try – we hope you’ll never look back.
- Cut the tomatoes, the olives, the onions, the capers and the basil to the size you prefer. We like to cut these ingredients into small pieces, to increase the chances of biting into them with each and every bite.
- The salad should also be cut as you prefer, and we like to cut it into strips.
- To compose the final salad, start by placing the avocado, the lemon juice, the vinegar and a pinch of salt into a bowl. Mash the avocado using a fork and mix it with the other ingredients.
- Add in the tomatoes, the corn, the onions, the capers, the olives and the basil, and stir well to combine all the flavours together and complete the dressing.
- Add the salad into the bowl and mix everything together to complete the dish. It is highly recommended to move the ingredients around for a couple of minutes to properly coat every single leaf with the dressing.
- Our favorite salad varieties are batavia lettuce, little gem and iceberg lettuce.
- Our favorite avocado varieties for this dressing are Hass, Bacon, Reed, Fuerte e Lula.
- The best olives to be used in this salad are Kalemata and black Moroccan olives (the ones with wrinkly skin).
- The spring onions can be substituted with an equal amount of red onions.