If you thought you had to choose between healthy French fries and tasty French fries, we’ve got news for you! You can get perfect fries that are both out of this world and fat-free. In our recipe, a seriously spot-on team of herbs and spices take taste to the next level. You can use any potato varieties you fancy, and even other vegetables such as pumpkin, sweet potato and butternut squash. Just make sure you make a lot of them because they’ll disappear fast! We’ve also shared our recipe for vegan tomato ketchup in the cards and in the description below.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (430°F).
- Cut the potatoes into fries-sized pieces, wash them thoroughly to remove any extra starch and then pat them dry.
- Chop the fresh herbs and mix them with the spices and some salt if desired. Make sure to use your favourite herbs and spices here, as there is “best” option here.
- Place the potatoes into a bowl, add in the previously prepared herb mixture and mix well to evenly coat the surface of the potatoes with the mixture.
- Move the potatoes onto a baking try lined with greaseproof paper, place the tray in the preheated oven and cook the potatoes for 15 minutes.
- Once the time has elapsed, give the potatoes a good shake, spread them evenly once again, return the tray to the oven and cook the potatoes for another 10 minutes to complete the dish.
Preparation Time: 10m
Cooking Time: 25m
Total Time: 35m
Cooking Temperature: 220°C - 430°F