Panzanella is a cold preparation popular in Tuscany, which is the region of Italy in which we grew up. This refreshing dish is created by combining some very Italian ingredients, but we don’t stop there. We also replaced the bread, which is the traditional ingredient, with some delicious and perfectly cooked quinoa. If you are a fan of summery dishes that taste great, then this might just be the perfect recipe for you.
- Cook the quinoa and cool it down to room temperature. To do that, you can follow our recipe on how to cook quinoa.
- Remove the water and seeds from the tomatoes and then, chop all the ingredients into pea-sized pieces, just to increase the chance of biting into every single ingredient every time you take a spoonful. The capers can be kept whole or chopped, as it depends on how big they are.
- Place all the chopped ingredients into a large bowl and stir to properly combine them.
- Add in the Quinoa and stir it in to complete the dish. Make sure to taste the salad before serving it and to adjust the salt if needed.
- The capers can be soaked in water for 20-30 minutes to remove most of their salt
Preparation Time: 15m
Storage Times: Keeps for 2 days in the fridge