The popularity of dishes like ramen has increased exponentially in the last few years, so we just couldn’t stand the fact that we didn’t have any recipe for this kind of dish. Well, here you have it! If you were looking for the perfect way to fix yourself a sort of delicious and fuss-free Asian meal without having to travel all the way to Asia to get the ingredients… this is the right recipe for you.
- To begin with, cut the shiitake mushrooms into slices and, if using some more exotic mushrooms like shimeji, separate them from each other.
- Slice the ginger, and then cut the carrots and the pak choi into long pieces.
- For the broth, place a saucepan over a medium heat and tip in the stock, the soy sauce, the ginger and the garlic, and stir the ingredients well. Throw in the shiitake mushrooms and bring the liquid to the boil.
- As soon as the liquid starts boiling, add in the carrots, the snap peas, the shimeji mushrooms and the pak choi, before stirring once again, bringing back to the boil and cooking the ingredients in the broth for three minutes to complete the process.
- At the end of the cooking time, remove the ginger from the broth.
- The last thing to do is to cook your favourite noodles as instructed on the packet.
- To plate up, place an appropriate amount of broth with some of the veggies into a bowl, and then add some of the noodles on top of it.
- To garnish, add some sliced radishes, some carrots, more of the veggies from the broth, and also some thinly sliced green onions (or scallions) and a wedge of lime.
- The quantity of soy sauce we used could be too much or too little for your personal taste, so you might want to add it a little at a time and taste as you go to ensure that the final dish has the savoury level that you like.
- Almost every single ingredient in this recipe can be substituted by something else, and for this reason drawing a list of the possible substitutions would be just impossible. However, there are a few ingredients that make the dish shine and that should be used in order to get a proper and enjoyable Asian-inspired final dish. These ingredients are: garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and Asian noodles and mushrooms. However, standard mushrooms are also a good option.
Preparation Time: 10m
Cooking Time: 8m
Total Time: 18m
Storage Times: The broth keeps for 2 days in the fridge.