Here is our recipe for a summery salad made using one of the best and most nutritious grains ever: quinoa! The combination of the right vegetables with this unique grain yield a dish that not only is incredibly easy to make, but that is also unbelievably tasty. Hopefully you will enjoy this dish as much as we did when we first made it. If you have any questions about our recipes, or simply want to share your opinion with us, feel free to leave a comment down below. Enjoy!
- Finely chop the garlic and the onions. Dice the pepper, the carrots and zucchini into pea-sized pieces.
- Place a pan over a high heat, and make sure to have a glass of water on standby. Tip the garlic and the onions into the pan, and cook them with a touch of water until soft and translucent.
- Add the carrots, the peppers, the black pepper and the zucchini into the pan, followed by some more water. Cook the ingredients for about 5 or 6 minutes before turning off the heat.
- Once the cooking process is complete, let the vegetables cool down completely before adding them to the cooked Quinoa. Transfer the Quinoa into a bowl and add the cooked vegetables to it. Here is our recipe on how to cook quinoa.
- Give the ingredients a good stir to properly combine them. You can now grate some lemon zest into the bowl and add in freshly squeezed lemon juice if desired.
- The last ingredient to add is the basil. Tear a few leaves, add them into the salad and mix the ingredients well to complete the dish. Remember to taste the salad and adjust salt if you feel it is needed.