If I had to choose which one is my absolute number one favourite pasta sauce, the answer would be always pesto. However, as you’ve probably already figured out, pesto is not vegan, so we had to veganise it. Being that this sauce is basically made out of cheese and oil, you can imagine how hard it was to make it not only entirely plant-based, but also free from any added oils. Well, due to my passion for pesto I can tell you that my expectations were quite high, so if you attempt this recipe, expect a good result and a lot of flavour.
- Pace the nuts into the food processor and blitz them until they become a sort of flour.
- Add in the basil and blitz again until the two ingredients come together into a grainy paste.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and blitz for 20-30 seconds to obtain a creamy homogenous sauce.
- Transfer the amount of sauce you desire into a bowl and dilute it with a touch of the water from the pasta pot. Taste the sauce and adjust the salt if desired.
- Drain the pasta, mix it with the pesto and serve.
Preparation Time: 10m
Storage Times: keeps for 3 days in the fridge