As opposed to our baked desserts, soups are never really the most popular of our recipes, as many people think that they are nothing better than a blended mixture of vegetables. Well, we beg to disagree with that, as soups are not only incredibly tasty, but also really, really healthy! If soups are something you commonly enjoy, then we don’t have anything else to say to you but try it! But if you are still convinced that soups aren’t a special food, then you might want to give this one a try just to prove me wrong. My guess? You’ll love it.
- Cut all the vegetables into slices of roughly the same size.
- Tip all the vegetables into a pan, add the ginger and some black pepper.
- Turn on the heat to high and stir well to combine.
- Sauté the vegetables for roughly five minutes without adding any liquid. During this time the vegetables will caramelise a bit.
- Add the stock, the vinegar and the tofu into the pan and mix well once again to combine.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, lower the heat to the minimum and cook the ingredients for 30 minutes. The liquid should simmer for the duration of the cooking time.
- Once the time has elapsed, turn off the heat, remove the ginger and blend the ingredients into the final soup.
- Once blended remember to add salt if desired, so that the soup better matches with your personal taste.
- The vegetable stock can be substituted with water.
- The cider vinegar can be substituted with any other vinegar available.
Preparation Time: 10m
Cooking Time: 30m
Total Time: 40m
Storage Times: Keeps for 3 days in the fridge, or up to 1 month is the freezer.